Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I Don't Think She'll Cry

From the Weekly Standard:


A nervous young McCain staffer took it upon himself to explain to Palin the facts of life in a national campaign, the intense scrutiny she'd be under from the media, the viciousness of the assault that she'd be facing, etc.:

Palin: "Thanks for the warning. By the way, do you know what they say the difference is between a hockey mom and a Pit Bull?"

McCain aide: "No, Governor."

Palin: "A hockey mom wears lipstick."


I think the Obama supporters think they are still dealing with Hillary, who got all teary-eyed when people were mean to her. Nobody, but nobody, made Margaret Thatcher cry.

2 comments:

Queenie said...

Well, apart from her daughter, who ended up totally estranged from her. The key to Thatcher was that if you flirted with her, she would have a soft spot for you and let you away with stuff. She had the softest spot for Dennis her husband. I don't see the same kind of sweetheart stuff going on with Todd.

I actually think Ms Palin is scarier than the Baroness, and as an Irish person that's saying something. BTW, my friend found your blog, love the writing, mind if I link to it

Sweating Through fog said...

Queenie,

Thanks for your comments, and of course you can link to me.

Despite Sarah's extraordinary speech, one speech does not a Thatcher make. Thatcher was a nation-changing politician, and people like that don't come along very often. Besides, I don't know of any American politician, with the possible exception of Bill Clinton, who would survive their first question time.